- This event has passed.
Getting Real With Race
June 15 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Wednesday, happening 10 times
With Dr. Cindy Ackerman
Wednesdays, 4/20-6/22 @ 6:00 – 7:30 pm on Zoom
Register for the dates you wish to attend
There is a warm welcome for EVERYONE to join in this vital discussion. Join us at any level of exchange which you are able; all are welcome to attend; simply select the date you want to attend and if you choose, consider a Love Offering in any amount. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
The meeting starts at 6 pm and lasts approximately 90 minutes.
Topics for discussion may be subject to change:
- White Privilege
- White Fragility
- Where Are All the Black Folks at Unity?
- The Real History of Black Lives in America and Why That Matters.
- What Did the Doll Test Teach Us About Racism and Self-image?
- The Legalization of Racism
- Imagining a Community of Unity of Colors
- MicroAggressions: Racism Lite
- Being a Bystander vs. Courageous
- The Challenge of the “Single Story” – How We View Others Through Our Racial Lens
Register Today at https://unityinmarin.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/1220006
This class is offered in partnership with Unity in Marin. If you have any trouble registering, please contact the Unity in Marin Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-475-5000, extension. 0 (zero).