“Instead of mercilessly judging and criticizing yourself for various inadequacies or shortcomings, self-compassion means you are kind and understanding when confronted with personal failings – after all, who ever said you were supposed to be perfect?” – Dr. Kristin Neff at SELF-COMPASSION by Dr. Kristin Neff
- Can I trust myself to act from a place of integrity?
- Under what circumstances am I not honest with myself?
- Under what circumstances do I choose comfort over courage?
- Under what conditions do I choose fun, fast, or easy over what’s right?
- Can I be in the spectrum of ‘making a mistake’ without judging myself?
- Under what conditions am I judging myself?
- What am I judging others for?
- Am I able to understand someone else’s point of view?
- Praise your progress! Practice a heart-coherence meditation!
- Do your favorite forgiveness practice daily – the one that really gives you a felt sense of self-forgiveness – and share it with us in the next class
- When you feel a trigger, scan the 6 factors that we’ve discussed (B-R-A-V-I-N’) and identify which one(s) you are out of coherence with. What can you do to become in coherence with it? Journal it for the next class.
All comments are moderated. Once approved, they will appear on this page.